Café Intermezzo has been replaced downtown. The restaurant opened January 25, 2011 as part of the new Hotel Indigo Atlanta Downtown Courtyard Atlanta Downtown. The original Café Intermezzoopened in 1979 in Dunwoody and was followed by the south Buckhead location in 1987. A new Intermezzo opened in 2009 at Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International airport in 2009.
Current plans are for the south Buckhead location to relocate to the heart of midtown at 1010 Midtown later this fall but there are no immediate plans for any replacement of the downtown restaurant. Earlier this week the downtown restaurant changed it name to Carnegie Bar & Grill, likely named for the historic Carnegie Building in which it's located. Thus far no changes have been made to the interior of the restaurant and the Café Intermezzo website has yet to be updated to reflect the closure.